Since 2011, the Center for Women & Enterprise has honored business leaders, volunteers, and partners through our annual award program.
| Cheryl Watkins Snead
Cheryl Watkins Snead Woman-Owned Business of the Year
Following the premature death of Cheryl Watkins Snead on January 22, 2018, the Center for Women & Enterprise instituted this award in her name. It is presented to a WBENC certified business owner who is a passionate advocate for the empowerment of women. The recipient of the award reflects the spirit of Cheryl, a pioneering and inspirational person who never stopped giving back.
- 2018 Doreen Blades, US Eco Products Corporation
CWE Corporation of the Year
This award is given to the corporation leading the way to opening up pathways for women-owned businesses.
- 2018 Amica Mutual Insurance Company
- 2017 Textron Inc.
- 2016 TD Bank
- 2015 CVS Health
- 2014 UPS
- 2013 Bank of America
- 2012 Verizon
- 2011 Staples
CWE Community Partner of the Year
This award is given to the organization that supports the growth and expansion of the Center for Women & Enterprise.
- 2018 City of Cambridge
- 2017 Commonwealth of Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Office
- 2016 U.S. Small Business Administration - Women Business Centers
- 2015 The Rhode Island Foundation
- 2014 The Boston Foundation
- 2013 U.S. Small Business Administration
- 2012 Goodwin Procter
CWE Advocate of the Year
This award is given to a professional or community leader whose efforts support women's economic empowerment.
- 2018 Jacqueline Gonzalez Taylor
- 2017 Susan Loconto Penta
- 2016 William Schawbel
- 2015 Maria Abernethy
- 2014 Karen Copenhaver
- 2013 Joel Adler
- 2012 Ellen Hoffman
- 2011 Pamela Lenehan
CWE Volunteer of the Year
This award is given to an individual who tirelessly and selflessly supports CWE and its mission.
- 2018 Cristine Hammer
- 2017 Daniel Holmander
- 2016 Pam Stevens
- 2015 Martha Sloan-Felch
- 2014 Julie Levin
- 2013 Jerry Johnson
- 2012 Debra Thomas
- 2011 Hank Greenberg
CWE Supplier Diversity Team of the Year
This award is given to a supplier diversity team exhibiting outstanding efforts in supplier diversity.
- 2018 Iron Mountain Inc.
- 2017 TJX Companies
- 2016 CVS Health
- 2015 Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- 2014 United Technologies Corporation
- 2013 Staples
- 2012 RBS Citizens
- 2011 Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA
CWE WBENC-Certified Women's Business of the Year
This award is given to a WBENC-Certified women-owned business that has exhibited growth through innovation or strategic partnership.
- 2017 Polaris Direct LLC, Judith Maloy, Director & CEO
- 2016 Banneker Industries, Cheryl Snead, President & CEO
- 2015 Bixby & Co., Kate McAleer, Founder
- 2014 The Locator Service Group, Kim Sawyer, Owner
- 2013 GAP Promotions, Gayle Piraino, Owner
- 2012 Continental Resources, Mary Nardella, Owner
- 2011 SwervePoint, LLC., Juli Sinnett, Owner